Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Motivation or Psycho-ed?

Last Fri, my friend, SY, dragged me to a talk that talks about making changes to yourself and hence your world. I was not keen to go as I think this is just another talk to psycho people into positive thinking and so. When I met up with my friend after work, I was shocked to find out that there are only 3 person attending this talk: me, SY and another person. This talk was introduced to SY through her friend, Mr J.

When I met up with Mr J, he brought another colleague, Mr S, along. They were colleagues in the same company while SY and Mr J were uni friends. Before the talk began, I had a stereo thinking that this talk is about thinking positive and psycho-ing people. When the talk began, the speaker, DT, talked about making changes and thinking of the source and not the result, I see a little difference. It is more than thinking positive. It also makes you think of what you really are, instead of what you think you are. This makes us accept what we are not as we are all not perfect.

When DT talked about how she talked to her boss to talk about her promotion and increment, I got alittle inspired. I also want to do that and yes I will do that. I am meeting my boss on Wed and I will take this chance to talk to him about what is his plan for me.

Today is Wed and I am looking forward to this chance to talk to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment